Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Art Institute's Policy of Harassment: Against Dawn Kohn


I, JAMES ANTHONT BRETNEY, declare as follows:

1.              I am a man over the age of 18.  I was a customer of the Art Institute of California-Los Angeles, Inc.  (“Art Institute”).  Unless otherwise indicated, I state the following to be true.

2.              I respectfully request the court restrain Dawn Kohn, an employee of the Art Institute.  She committed a series of acts that has alarmed me and caused me to believe that I am under a threat of serious bodily injury from her.  I fear that she will inflict injury on me at my work place and home, 1421 West Venice Boulevard # 7, Venice, California 90291.

3.              I am pursuing legal defense of my reputation and legal recovery of damages inflicted against me by the Art Institute.

4.              I was a customer the Art Institute from August of 2009 to May of 2011. I heard many complaints by fellow students about her behavior as the ‘Director of Student Development.’  These complaints include her to being rude to students, disruptive, insubordination, screaming at students, falsifying and knowingly distorting and excluding material facts on official reports.

5.              Many students including myself believe her to be mentally imbalanced. She frequently ignored student complaints that myself and fellow students made about the Art Institute.  Instead she would twist these complaints against us in official documents.

6.              One such complaint dated January 25, 2011 concerned an Art Institute employee arbitrarily denied service where it was his job to do so.  Instead, Ms. Kohn held a conduct hearing against me.

7.              On February 4, 2011, the Department Chairman had a misunderstanding with me that got heated.  We later apologized and resolved the matter between ourselves.  Ms. Kohn insinuated herself in the disagreement and trumped up another conduct hearing against me.

8.              On April 27, 2011, an instructor invaded a studio I reserved to do my lighting homework work using moving camera and performers.  This instructor tried to provoke a fight with me.  I spoken with the instructor’s boss and he apologized for the instructor. Ms. Kohn insinuated herself again where I attended yet another one of her conduct hearings.  She was rude, aggressive and non-compliant.  She interrupted me when I was speaking.  She tried to get me to answer her questions with answers she wanted me to say.  I found the incident absurd, ended the meeting and demanded to speak with her supervisor, which she thwarted.

9.              She asked that I no longer attend the Art Institute for a year.  I agreed. I posted on my blog www.theundiscoveredcountry.blogspot.com my complaints of harassment and Veteran’s discrimination by the Art Institute. On June 14, 2011, I terminated my business relationship with the Art Institute. I wanted to get on with the rest of my life.

10.          On or about July 24, 2011, I received harassing comments and death threats on my online social media from the accounts “LuckOfTheDraw” and “ACTORWRITER.”  These comments came after I posted a video criticizing those who are unsympathetic and insensitive to Veterans.  The video I posted on youtube did not name the Art Institute or any of its employees. 

11.          On Monday, August 1, 2011, I received a phone call from a man claiming to be Detective Eddie Soto from the Santa Monica Police Department.  This caller did not have any credentials verifying that he was a police officer.  This caller asked me to incriminate myself in an act of domestic terrorism.   I spoke to this “caller” for ten minutes.  I protested his lack of discretion, his attempt to usurp my Constitutional rights, and the fact that he was responding to a call with nothing to go on except hearsay evidence.  I really questioned whether or not this caller was a policeman, as he hung up me.  I can only speculate that this caller was unsatisfied with my answers.

12.          On August 24, 2011, Dawn Kohn received a restraining order from the court alleging harassment.  I had no opportunity to defend myself from this claim.

13.          In her declaration to the court, she alleged that she received independent, anonymous phone calls from a ‘gentleman’ named ‘Andrew.’  We later identified this Andrew as Andrew McLaren – a disgruntled employee I discharged July 12, 2010.

14.          Andrew McLaren makes a living as a mercenary.  One job he took, he made sure a shipment of guns arrived to Iran.  He is a various dangerous man with run-ins with the law.  He sent me 22 unsolicited text messages calling me a gutless bastard, backstabber, user, fake friend and that my mother and father are bad parents.  He said in his text messages that he is ‘too classy’ to deal with me directly that he has his agents John Spears (LuckOfTheDraw) and Emal Sekandari (ACTORWRITER) harass me and threaten my life online.  He has had his Press Agent Amanda Mitchell, his lawyer and his manager Aaron Morris contact me on his behalf even though he knows I have no desire to talk with him.

15.          According to her declaration, Andrew McLaren said that I am an Iraq War Veteran suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorders.  I stopped taking my “anti-psychotic medication.”  I purchased a handgun in Arizona with the intent to “pull a Jared Loughner at AI.”  These statements are false.  Ms. Kohn knew them to be false and declared them with an intent to mislead.

16.          Ms. Kohn knew I was an Iraq War Veteran and that I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder because I volunteered that information in my complaints to her at the Art Institute in my discrimination complaints and requests for accommodation afforded to me by the law.

17.          Ms. Kohn characterized commonly prescribed anti-depressant medication as anti-psychotic and that Andrew McLaren recently made her aware of this.  This too is a false statement with an intent to deceive as I volunteered to her conference regarding my in my discrimination complaints and requests for accommodation afforded to me by the law.  Further, I mentioned to her I stopped taking those medications 5 years ago in 2006.

18.          Ms. Kohn mentioned that I had recently purchase a handgun in Arizona.  An investigation conducted by Art Institute’s very own lawyers, Snell & Wilmer, interviewed friends and associates of mine at the Art Institute showed that I sold my handgun in March. 

19.          The investigation conducted by the Art Institute’s own law firm, Snell & Wilmer, failed to uncover any lone wolf school shooting plots against the Art Institute perpetrated by me.   Snell & Wilmer interviewed my roommate over the course of an hour and could find no evidence of any crime.

20.          Not did Kohn withhold exculpatory evidence at this restraining order trial, she embellished perjured testimony on her August 24, 2011 court appearance.

21.          Since that time, Kohn still makes public statements about me that are false. She sends over 2,000 emails.  She sends messages to me via messenger accusing me of making bomb threats or calls to the police department where 3 cars of police stormed with guns drawn the Art Institute looking for me even though I have not come within 100 yards of the Art Institute since May of 2011. Ms. Kohn and her supervisor Mr. Pompey have posted plain clothes security details beyond the 100 yard distance of the Art Institute prescribed by law.  She and Andrew McLaren still send harassing comments on my social media wishing I was dead or that I am a disgrace to all veterans and that my parents are ashamed of me.

22.          I have tried my best to move on with my life and ignore this.  But the harassment that Kohn-McLaren have colluded has affected my sleep, my work and my reputation.  My family has suffered adversely which has caused me to feel greater pain.  I am respectfully request the court restrain this woman and her agents from harassing me.  Thank you

I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of California that the foregoing is true and correct.






James Antony Bretney

No comments: