Saturday, July 26, 2014

Do you really think Colonel Slosson has your back? - Sierra Army Depot Truth

Ahab did more to provoke the LORD God of Israel to anger than all the kings of Israel that were before him.

a Most Insincere Man

LTC Slosson & wife


When I was in the Army, I was apart of the chain of command.  I was responsible for the soldiers under my charge.  I was responsible for their lives and their deaths.  I made sure they were properly fed and clothed.  I looked after their children and mediated disputes in their personal relationships.  It was part of the job when you were the leader's hat.  Some people wear the hat but aren't up to the job.  Its up to other leaders and sometimes up the led to remove this scum.

“The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one’s real and one’s declared aims, one turns as it were instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish spurting out ink.”
― George Orwell, Politics and the English Language


Do you really think Colonel Slosson is a good man?  Do you think he cares about you?  Do you think he will fight for you?  Do you think he will sacrifice his career or his reputation to do right?  Even the bad guys do right when rewards and punishments are attached.  But what about when you are punished for doing good and rewarded for being bad?  So again I ask you, what kind of man is Colonel Slosson?  Do you think he will allow himself to be crucified for you?

“Even his conversation was, as it were, a spoken part.”
― T.H. White, The Candle in the Wind


When I was in the IBO (Industrial Base of Operations) the rumor was that TACOM (Tank and Armament Command) in Detroit sent Slosson here to clean up a mess.   Most of us who wanted to shake things up had to read the tea leaves to see if this guy was for real and if he would help us.  When he gave his town halls, he said the following:

  1. He is serious about cleaning up the depot
  2. To see him we had to go through our supervisors
  3. he didn't much care for us very much, a lot of condescension and disrespect
Why did he want us to go through our supervisors when the supervisors were the problem?  Did he think we were such a nuisance that we would clutter up his schedule?

Not for nothing is baby-kissing the synonym for public insincerity.
― Christopher Hitchens

When I lost confidence in Shepard, I spoke with James Marcotte a lot on how best to proceed.  We couldn't decide who could best help us.  Marcotte said there were five people on the Depot he distrusted:
  1. John Dingman
  2. Archie Zapanta
  3. Mike Winters
  4. Joe Henderson
  5. Bruce Hamilton
Marcotte said some things in Slosson's favor.  Slosson did not trust his Deputy, Don Olson or the Garrison Manager, George Ray.  Marcotte said Slosson trusted Aric Manner.  I wouldn't know until January 2014 that Aric Manner was a villain inside the Dingman cabal.



When the chariot was washed at the pool of Samaria, the dogs licked up his blood and harlots bathed there, as the LORD had prophesied.
 - 1 Kings 22:38


When I did make the decision to see Slosson without Shepard and Beach's permission and knowledge, who did I see guarding his door?

Carolina Dingman
LTC Slosson's Secretary



So when I finally found out, Shepard and Beach fired me and Aric Manner would not let me speak to Slosson,  I sent him this letter. 



I got no response from Slosson.  I was a nonperson at that point.  Then I find out I am not the only whistleblower so rudely treated.  Let this be a warning to the whistle blowers in a similar situation.  If you are ever in a same situation, go to the press.  




Sierra Army Depot has never investigated the incident.  A supervisor on the depot has never been fired for mismanagement, fraud, theft or embezzlement.

LTC Slosson
Commanding Officer
Sierra Army Depot

No comments: