Saturday, July 12, 2014

Leadership by Bullying - Management at Sierra Army Depot

Strong women only marry weak men.
- Bette Davis


Merritt Shepard
GS-12
Sierra Army Depot 





 humiliate  (hjuːˈmɪlɪˌeɪt)
  — vb
( tr ) to lower or hurt the dignity or pride of






I don't like seeing people suffer.  So if I see a person suffering, my Christian training compels me to act.   Another man humiliated my boss at the time.  I liked my boss.  I believed him.  I trusted him.  And when he was in pain, I tried to help him.  But he did not want to help himself.  He encouraged me to adopt his weakness.  And then he bullied me and threatened me.  They say bullying is a vicious cycle.



He denies the incident happened the way I describe it.  Yet when asked if I am an honest person, he says that I am.  Do I make up stories?  Am I delusional?  He doesn't think so.  So why such a huge chasm in the way I describe the events and the way he describes them? 

The target now has artificially high levels of shame, embarrassment, fear and 
guilt - all stimulated by the bully, for this is how all abusers control their victims 
(source: bullyingonline.org)

Interviewing the other witnesses that were at the meeting would have been helpful.  Asking more thoughtful  questions would have been more helpful.  But that proved too much the Government's investigators.  Heaven Owen during the Informal stage and Felicia Howard in the formal stage, proclaim their impartiality.  They are paid by the government to absolve the government.  Thus neither Heaven Owen nor did Felicia Howard  asked thoughtful follow up questions.  They did not ask other witnesses in the room what happened.



So what did happen?  Who is right and who is wrong?  What is the truth?  Most of the time it is somewhere in between leaning more to one side than the other.  Sometimes the truth is on the other side of the two poles and not in-between.

The target of bullying has been disempowered through isolation and exclusion and the manipulation of co-workers and management's perceptions. (source: bullyingonline.org)


You read his account of what he perceived as a non-event.  Here is mine.  We report.  You decide.



It's not denial. I'm just selective about the reality I accept.

Bruce Bryan
GS-12
Present at the October 9, 2013




 Not interviewed by Heaven Owen or Felicia Howard

Refusal to believe until proof is given is a rational position; denial of all outside of our own limited experience is absurd.



Jon France
Acting Mission Manager
He did nothing when Mike Winters humiliated Merritt Shepard.

“I protect myself by refusing to know myself.” 


Acting in a humane, ethical, reasonable and moral way is at the 
basis of a civilized society where civilians know the difference 
between right and wrong. - Yvonne Brill

“[P]erhaps you notice how the denial is so often the preface to the justification.” 
Christopher Hitchens, Hitch-22: A Memoir





The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.





Mike Winters
Manager of Long Term Storage





Joe Henderson on the right with Arturo Zapanta
Also present at the October 9, 2013 meeting, he allowed his subordinate to humiliate another manager in front of the entire directorates.  Classy!  I wonder if what Mike Winters did was racist.  I mentioned it at the time to Shepard.  We will never know because Government Investigators Heaven Owen and Felicia Howard never asked. Oh well.


Sierra Army Depot has never investigated the incident.  A supervisor on the depot has never been fired for mismanagement, fraud, theft or embezzlement.


LTC Slosson
Commanding Officer
Sierra Army Truth


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are becoming exactly what you say has lost you your job and that you despise. A hyprocite and a bully! A bottom feeder and a sensationalist writer. Perhaps you need a moment of reflection to remember why you started this and what you stand for. Bully, Bully, Bully.